Update: The Atlanta Hawks have announced their preseason schedule, including broadcast information, and the post below has been updated.
On July 11, the Atlanta Hawks announced that Zion Williamson and the New Orleans Pelicans would be coming to town on Oct. 7 and, in addition to the opportunity to see the No. 1 overall pick in action, the contest will serve as the preseason opener for Lloyd Pierce’s team at State Farm Arena. Since then, more dates have come to light — including an interesting trip to Madison Square Garden — and here is the full, five-game schedule as we know it:
- Monday, Oct. 7 - 7:30 pm ET - Hawks vs. Pelicans - FSSE, 92.9 The Game
- Wednesday, Oct. 9 - 7:30 pm ET - Hawks vs. Magic - FSSE
- Monday, Oct. 14 - 7:30 pm ET - Hawks at Heat - FSSE
- Wednesday, Oct. 16 - 7:30 pm ET - Hawks at Knicks - Broadcast TBD
- Thursday, Oct. 17 - 8:00 pm ET - Hawks at Bulls - Broadcast TBD
With Summer League in the rear view mirror, this is the next time that Hawks fans will be able to watch their team play in a competitive environment. Preseason projects as the first professional experience for No. 10 pick Cam Reddish and plenty of attention will be paid to the performances of fellow rookies De’Andre Hunter and Bruno Fernando, as well as the work of returning standouts in Trae Young, John Collins and Kevin Huerter.
As always, we’ll be here to chronicle it all, from training camp battles to evaluations of exciting young talent.