The week of the 2018 NBA Draft Lottery is (finally) here and Tuesday, May 15 is a big day for the Atlanta Hawks. In preparation for the drawing of ping-pong balls that evening, many have asked what the odds look like for the Hawks and, in response, we’ve put together a handy guide to lead the way.
As a result of Atlanta’s late winning binge (something that might be argued about for the next few years), the Hawks took a hit with the odds but here is what Travis Schlenk and company will be looking at from a slot-by-slot standpoint.
- No. 1 pick - 13.70 percent
- No. 2 pick - 14.16 percent
- No. 3 pick - 14.48 percent
- No. 4 pick - 8.51 percent
- No. 5 pick - 32.35 percent
- No. 6 pick - 15.54 percent
- No. 7 pick - 1.26 percent
Beyond that, here are the combined odds of what Atlanta’s chances look like.
- Top 2 pick - 27.86 percent
- Top 3 pick - 42.34 percent
- Top 4 pick - 50.85 percent
- Top 5 pick - 83.2 percent
- Top 6 pick - 98.74 percent
And, finally, some more exotic percentages to give you an idea of the overall mix.
- No. 2 or No. 3 pick - 28.64 percent
- No. 2 through No. 4 pick - 37.15 percent
- No. 2 through No. 5 pick - 69.5 percent
- No. 3 or No. 4 pick - 22.99 percent
- No. 3 through No. 5 pick - 55.34 percent
- No. 4 or No. 5 pick - 40.86 percent
- No. 5 pick or worse - 49.15 percent
- No. 6 pick or worse - 16.8 percent
Stay tuned throughout the week for all the latest.