It has been public knowledge for a while that the Atlanta Hawks would be taking on the Miami Heat in a road preseason contest on Oct. 1. Then, word broke that the Memphis Grizzlies would be on the schedule for a “home” date in Atlanta.
Today, the NBA announced the complete preseason schedule for the league’s 30 teams and, in the end, the game in Miami will be team’s first foray on to the floor for the 2017-2018 season with the game against Memphis serving as the first home contest.
The rest of the preseason slate includes match-ups against the Cleveland Cavaliers (previously announced), the Dallas Mavericks (in a preview of the regular season opener) and the Detroit Pistons. Finally, the location of the team’s home preseason dates has been revealed, with McCamish Pavilion on the campus of Georgia Tech playing host to the festivities.
Below is the full preseason schedule (including TV and radio) for planning purposes.
- Oct. 1 - @ Miami Heat - 6:00 pm ET
- Oct. 4 - @ Cleveland Cavaliers - 7:00 pm ET - Fox Sports SE/92.9 The Game
- Oct. 6 - @ Detroit Pistons - 7:00 pm ET - 92.9 The Game
- Oct. 9 - Memphis Grizzlies (at Ga. Tech) - 7:30 pm ET - Fox Sports SE/WAOK 1380 AM
- Oct. 12 - Dallas Mavericks (at Ga. Tech) - 7:30 pm ET - Fox Sports SE/92.9 The Game