Good morning! Free agency is now less than 48 hours away and the Atlanta Hawks have plenty of intrigue given what the roster looks like at this moment. In preparation for the madness of July, our own @ATLHawksFanatic (aka Bob) joins us to preview the festivities from a salary cap perspective. Topics include the following:
- The Ryan Kelly trade was pretty weird. Bob tells us why the Hawks would do this and what the Rockets were trying to accomplish
- Tim Hardaway’s qualifying offer and how that affects his future
- Paul Millsap sign-and-trade scenarios are fun but (very) complicated
- Mike Muscala’s contract setup
- The NBA Draft and how Atlanta’s rookies affect the team’s cap space and contract setup
- Much, much more
If you enjoy what you hear on Thursday’s program, please do us a solid and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and, if you are willing, leave us a favorable (i.e. five-star) review. This podcast can also be found on Stitcher and TuneIn Radio, as well as on our host site of AudioBoom. Tell your friends about the show and be sure to check out the rest of the Locked On Podcast Network, which now features a dedicated show about the Atlanta Falcons as well as every single NBA team.