The 2017-2018 NBA season is technically underway and, even if it is “just” the preseason, SB Nation is celebrating by rolling out a full-fledged NBA Jersey Week! This will be a theme across the platform and, from an Atlanta Hawks perspective, we jumped into the fray to rank some of the best (and worst) jersey selections in team history.
Here is our list and, obviously, this will inspire some disagreement.
1996 - There is certain fascination with just how the Hawks got to this point but these are objectively hideous. On the bright side, the team was pretty good during this era and that should have brought some enjoyment to the table.
1) 1975 - These have become the most fashionable retro jerseys for a reason. The blue/green combination is out the window with the current Hawks (except for the throwback editions above) but that shouldn't stop anyone from admiring the look and Pistol Pete's memory doesn't hurt that nostalgia.
2) 1980 - The Dominique Wilkins era brings about many feelings from Hawks fans and Atlanta has brought these back before. Remember Josh Smith in the dunk contest? That is this jersey and it still works.
3) 1993 - These are (very) plain but that shouldn't stop anyone from appreciating them. The basics can shine.
4) 1980 - A second appearance for this particular jersey because, well, it is tremendous. The non-primary white/red jerseys don't pop quite as much but the design remains on point.
5) Present Day - There are three colorways for the most recent iteration and fans either love them or violently dislike them. The white version is the safest and cleanest but everyone has their own favorite.
For the full list (and images), check out the video below: