With just two months left until the 2016-2017 NBA season, the Atlanta Hawks announced their complete preseason schedule on Tuesday afternoon. The team will play seven games in total, with three coming at Philips Arena, three in true road environments and one neutral site contest in Omaha, NE.
FOX Sports Southeast, the team’s flagship television partner, will broadcast all three home contests, while the Atlanta Hawks Radio Network will broadcast the games against the Spurs, Cavaliers and Pelicans. Perhaps the biggest draw of the early slate will be the home contest against Cleveland, with the local crowd’s first opportunity to see Dwight Howard, Malcolm Delaney and company in a Hawks uniform against (perhaps) LeBron James, Kyrie Irving and the defending NBA champions.
Below is the full schedule, with tip-off times yet to be determined.
- Thursday, Oct. 6 - at Memphis Grizzlies
- Saturday, Oct. 8 - at San Antonio Spurs
- Monday, Oct. 10 - Cleveland Cavaliers
- Thursday, Oct. 13 - Detroit Pistons
- Sunday, Oct. 16 - at Orlando Magic
- Tuesday, Oct. 18 - New Orleans Pelicans
- Thursday, Oct. 20 - Chicago Bulls (in Omaha, NE)