It’s here! The Atlanta Hawks begin the 2016-2017 NBA season on Thursday night and, on the day of the opener, we take the opportunity to make reckless predictions on Episode 61 of the Locked on Hawks podcast. Robby Kalland of CBS Sports joins the show and topics include:
- The Dennis Schröder contract extension was the big news of Wednesday and we break it down from all angles.
- Bovada player props are a thing. What will Kyle Korver’s three-point percentage be? What about rebound averages for Paul Millsap and Dwight Howard? We make picks
- What is more likely: Dwight Howard making the All-Star team or Paul Millsap missing it?
- Where will the Hawks finish in defensive and offensive rating?
- Best and worst-case scenarios for this team (thank you, Nate Duncan)
- The official win-loss prediction and where the Hawks will finish in the Eastern Conference (be gentle)
If you like what you hear on today’s podcast, please help us out and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and, if possible, give us a fantastic (i.e. five-star) review. This program can also be found on Stitcher, TuneIn Radio and Google Play, as well as on our host site of AudioBoom. Tell your friends about the show and check out the rest of the Locked On Podcast Network, which now features a dedicated show about the Atlanta Falcons as well as every single NBA team.