Happy regular season eve! Thursday marks the start of the 2016-2017 NBA season (at least from an Atlanta Hawks perspective) and we are preparing for the festivities with Episode 60 of the podcast. Dan Wolken of USA Today joins us for the program and topics include the following:
- Should the Hawks consider a rebuild long-term? Is there anything wrong with keeping things afloat and competing each and every year? We tackle “The Rebuild Question”
- The transition from Jeff Teague and Al Horford to Dennis Schröder and Dwight Howard. How will the fan base take it and how will the product look on the whole?
- Will this year’s team be better or worse from a watchability standpoint?
- How does Dan feel about the draft investments of Taurean Prince and DeAndre Bembry?
- The Hawks could really use a fast start this season
- Kyle Korver and the concept of a linear aging curve in the NBA
- Can Tim Hardaway Jr. improve or was the preseason indicative of future struggles?
- And, best of all, a bonus college football question for Dan
If you like what you hear on today’s show, please help us out and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes and, if possible, provide a glowing (i.e. five-star) review. This podcast can also be found on Stitcher, TuneIn Radio and Google Play, as well as on our host site of AudioBoom. Tell your friends about the program and make it a point to check out the rest of the Locked On Podcast Network, which now features a dedicated show about the Atlanta Falcons as well as nearly every team in the NBA.