The Atlanta Hawks have officially announced their roster for the 2015 Las Vegas Summer League. The 15-player group includes one player that is currently under contract with the organization (Mike Muscala) and one additional player (Edy Tavares) that boasts a reported multi-year agreement pending an official announcement.
Beyond the intrigue of watching Muscala and Tavares, each of whom have designs on joining the rotation for the 2015-2016 season, there is plenty to monitor in Las Vegas. The roster includes two brothers of current Hawks, as former Michigan and Florida big man Jon Horford and Tennessee State guard Abraham Millsap will be participating.
From the college ranks, Arizona forward Brandon Ashley, Nebraska wing Terran Petteway, and Iowa State guard DeAndre Kane headline the group in terms of recent graduates. In addition, the Hawks will bring 2014 second-round pick Lamar Patterson and 2014 LVSL participant Stephen Holt to Las Vegas as part of the roster and four-year NBA veteran Greg Smith will attempt to rekindle league interest as a member of the squad.
Here is the full roster:
- Brandon Ashley, 6-9 forward, Arizona
- Tomas Bellas, 6-1 guard, Gran Canaria (Spain)
- Josh Davis, 6-8 forward, San Diego State (NBDL)
- Jon Horford, 6-10 forward, Florida (Michigan)
- Stephen Holt, 6-4 guard, Saint Mary's
- DeAndre Kane, 6-5 guard, Iowa State
- Trey McKinney-Jones, 6-5 guard, Miami (NBDL)
- Abraham Millsap, 6-4 guard, Tennessee State
- Mike Moser, 6-8 forward, Oregon (UNLV)
- Mike Muscala, 6-11 forward/center, Bucknell (current Atlanta Hawks roster)
- Lamar Patterson, 6-5 guard, Pittsburgh (Tofas SK)
- Terran Petteway, 6-6 guard/forward, Nebraska
- Greg Smith, 6-10 forward, Fresno State (4-year NBA veteran)
- Walter "Edy" Tavares, 7-3 center, Gran Canaria (Spain)
- Elston Turner, 6-5 guard, Texas A&M