We are just a couple of weeks away from the NBA Trade Deadline and the rumor mill is just starting to wind up. The New York Daily News' Mitch Lawrence reports that the Atlanta Hawks are in the market for Celtics small forward Jeff Green.
Lawrence also indicates that a potential deal would center around Atlanta's DeMarre Carroll.
It's going to cost #Atlanta DeMarre Carroll and more
— Mitch Lawrence (@Mitch_Lawrence) February 9, 2014
Green is under contract through 2016 and is scheduled to make $9.2 million next season. The 2016 season is a player's option so he could opt out after next year.
Carroll has clearly outperformed his contract in Atlanta this season. He is scheduled to make just over $2.4 million next season. Other players would have to be included in the deal to make the salaries work and Atlanta does have a disabled player exception at their disposal.
Expect to hear more rumors as the deadline gets closer. The Hawks are flexible enough to go in a number of directions.
- Pero Antic injury: Hawks center out with stress fracture in ankle
- Pero Antic injury: Hawks center out another 1-2 weeks
- Grizzlies vs Hawks video highlights, Twitter reaction and the Roll Call
- Ball security dooms Hawks in ugly loss to Grizzlies
- Hawks vs Grizzlies final score: Atlanta drops 3rd straight in 79-76 loss to Memphis