Going to the Hawks game on MLK day is always one of my favorite days of the season, but I had to work and missed it yesterday. If you're in the same boat as me, check out these videos of the day's events honoring the late Dr. King.
First, the Hawks and Heat recreated Dr. King's iconic "I Have A Dream" speech. It's pretty powerful:
Members of the roster also talked about what MLK Day means for them:
At the game, Hawks' PA announcer Ryan Cameron was joined by some guests for special player introductions:
The video also includes DeMarre Carroll and Bernice King's remarks to the crowds before the fans. I think the Hawks did a great job in honoring Dr. King and his legacy, which, while always important, is especially important in Atlanta.
- Heat vs Hawks final score: Paul Millsap, Shelvin Mack lead Atlanta to big win
- Introducing the Reign On Play of the Week
- 2014 NBA Standings: Hawks sliding in watered down East
- Key to becoming "new-look Spurs" is player development
- 2014 NBA Mock Draft: Should the Hawks go big again or is the wing the most glaring need?