Mike Muscala and Lucas Nogueira were both in action over the weekend and both came out on the losing side of their Week 9 of the Liga Endesa season.
Lucas Nogueira played 16 minutes and finished with seven points, three rebounds and a blocked shot in a 72-55 loss by Estudiantes to Bilbao Basket. The loss drops Estudiantes to 2-7 on the season. Noguiera has now played in six games and is averaging 5.6 points and 4.1 rebounds while shooting 58 percent from the field. The good news is he appears to be past the hamstring injury that slowed him and he should work his way into a bigger role as the season moves along.
Mike Muscala battled an illness and foul trouble in a 83-77 loss by Rio Natura Monbus to Gran Canaria. Muscala ended up playing 22 minutes and finished with six points and 10 rebounds.
Up next for Estudiantes will be a match up against CB Canarias on Saturday. Rio Natura Monbus will take on Liga Endesa power Real Madrid next Sunday.
- NBA Standings: Hawks 1 of 3 teams over .500 in Eastern Conference
- John Jenkins, Dennis Schröder lead Jam to second straight win
- Gustavo Ayon injury: Hawks center hurts ankle in win over Cavaliers
- Kyle Korver talks streak, credits teammates, is awesome
- Video: Kyle Korver sets record, highlights, roll call and more