The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Atlanta Hawks first round draft pick Lucas Nogueira has been diagnosed with severe tendinitis in his knees and is expected to be sidelined for the next two months.
Nogueira recently suspended his contract with his Spanish ACB team and traveled to Los Angeles to seek another opinion on his knees. He has been prescribed rest and according to the report, will remain in L.A. to undergo further rehab. The report also states that Nogueira is expected to return to Spain once he is healthy and finish out the season with Estudiantes.
The Liga Endesa season doesn't end until May and if all goes well it would seem that Nogueira could be back sometime in late February or early March.
No injury situation is ideal but tendinitis is a much better term than the words "chronic, degenerative or microfracture." In short the news could have been much worse. Hopefully the time in Los Angeles will help get Bebe ready to close out the Spanish season on a good note.
- Hawks pummel Jazz 118-85 on Peachtree Hoops Appreciation Night
- Jazz vs. Hawks Preview: Reunions for Millsap, Carroll
- Kings vs Hawks: Kyle Korver explains Atlanta's offensive outburst
- NBA Trade Rumors: Matt Moore explains why Omer Asik doesn't make sense for Hawks
- Korver, Horford ice Kings for 124-107 win