Atlanta Hawks head coach Mike Budenholzer will go with Cartier Martin in his starting lineup to replace Kyle Korver who is out with a rib contusion. Budenholzer opted to go with Martin to get a bigger body in the starting lineup against the Rockets.
Martin gets starting nod because he gives the Hawks a bigger body defensively, according to Budenholzer. #ATLHawks
— Chris Vivlamore (@ajchawks) November 27, 2013
I speculated earlier that injuries to Korver and Shelvin Mack could provide an opportunity for John Jenkins and Dennis Schröder to make their case for more playing time. Budenholzer talked about that situation during his pregame media availability.
Coach Bud on injuries tonight: It's opportunities for other guys like John and Dennis who have been preparing and are ready to go tonight.
— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) November 27, 2013
There still nothing definite in regards to the status of shooting guard James Harden for tonight's game although it appears that it is doubtful that he will play due to a foot injury.
McHale doesn't give definitive answer on Harden's playing status tonight but says he's doubtful James will play.
— Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) November 27, 2013
- Hawks vs Rockets: Injuries could provide opportunities for John Jenkins, Dennis Schröder
- Shelvin Mack injury: Hawks guard day-to-day with ankle injury
- Kyle Korver injury: Hawks guard out with rib contusion
- Hawks vs Rockets preview: Atlanta looks to shake off struggles in Houston
- Magic vs Hawks final score: Atlanta's offensive struggles continue in 109-92 loss