The Atlanta Hawks continue their preseason schedule on Tuesday with a trip to Asheville, North Carolina for an exhibition matchup against the Charlotte Bobcats. Atlanta struggled early in Monday's preseason opener and eventually fell 92-87 to the Miami Heat. They will be looking to get off to a much better start on Tuesday.
The Hawks looked very much like a work in progress in Miami as they struggled with spacing and were indecisive on the offensive end of the floor. Miami used that confusion to their advantage forcing turnovers while building an early lead. Things weren't much better defensively for the Hawks who struggled to keep Miami out of the paint and then were slow rotating to shooters once the ball was kicked out.
The game will be the first of the preseason for Charlotte who look to take a step forward this season after signing former Utah Jazz center Al Jefferson to a big free agent contract. It will also mark the debut of former Lakers' assistant Steve Clifford as the team's head coach.
Game Date/Time: Tuesday, October 8, 7:30 p.m.
Location: U.S. Cellular Center, Asheville, NC
Radio: 92.9 FM
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Hawks vs Heat final score: Atlanta drops preseason opener 92-87
- Gustavo Ayon Injury: Hawks center leaves game with shoulder injury
- VIDEO: Mike Budenholzer, Paul Millsap discuss preseason opener
- Hawks vs Heat: Three things to watch in the preseason opener
- Hawks vs Heat Preview: Atlanta opens exhibition schedule in Miami