One quarter into the preseason and the Atlanta Hawks have already lost a player to injury. Gustavo Ayon left the game after suffering what appeared to be an arm injury during a scramble for the basketball. Ayon quickly grabbed the arm and left the game and was ushered to the locker room area by Atlanta's medical staff.
Ayon was one of the first subs off the bench playing just under four minutes and missed his only shot attempt. The Hawks acquired Ayon during the offseason when they claimed him off of waivers from the Milwaukee Bucks.
Ayon is a part of Atlanta's rebuilt frontcourt which also features new acquisitions Paul Millsap, Pero Antic and Elton Brand.
Ayon suffered a right shoulder injury and is being examined by team doctors
Injury Update: Ayon suffered a right shoulder injury, he is currently being seen by doctors #ATLHawks— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) October 8, 2013
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Hawks vs Heat: Erik Spoelstra to be mindful of starters minutes
- VIDEO: Mike Budenholzer, Paul Millsap discuss preseason opener
- Hawks vs Heat: Three things to watch in the preseason opener
- 2013 NBA Previews - Atlantic Division and Pacific Division links
- Hawks vs Heat Preview: Atlanta opens exhibition schedule in Miami