As part of NBA Cares Week, the entire Hawks team and coaching staff visited Atlanta-area Wade Walker Park Family YMCA and put on a free basketball clinic for 60 children ages 9-13. From the looks of it, both the team and kids had fun spending the day learning about basketball. It's always great to see them giving back to the community.
A few shots from our @NBACares event today working with kids at the YMCA: pic.twitter.com/1Zt1gIV6cM— Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) October 26, 2013
The Hawks players had a great time at Wade Walker YMCA. NBA Cares event pic.twitter.com/QJQw5EcwZE— Duane Ferrell (@Dferrell33) October 26, 2013
P.S. For those who don't know, I'm Jane and I'm new here at Peachtree Hoops. I'll be posting fan news and cute things the team does like this! I'll also be copy editing so everything is cohesive here during the season. Since I love both journalism and the Hawks (even though the love of my basketball life Zaza left me), I'm really excited! You can follow me on twitter at @inthecalzone.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Hawks request waivers on forward Eric Dawson
- HawkStr8Talk's Season Preview: Looking For A New Love
- Atlanta Hawks waive Royal Ivey, roster now at 16
- Mike Budenholzer, Danny Ferry get weekly radio appearances at 92.9 The Game
- Atlanta Hawks Season Preview: One Man's Blind, No-Good, Ill-Advised Take on a Perennial Playoff Team