|Atlanta Hawks 11-12 First Round Playoffs Game 2|
|Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia|
|May 8, 2012, 8:00 PM|
|FOX Sport South, TNT, 99X and 98.9 FM, NBA Audio League Pass|
|Rajon Rondo||PG||Jeff Teague|
|Avery Bradley||SG||Joe Johnson|
|Paul Pierce||SF||Marvin Williams|
|Brandon Bass||PF||Josh Smith|
|Kevin Garnett||C||Al Horford|
Boston Celtics Lead Series 3-1
Hawks Injury/Inactive Report: Zaza Pachulia (foot) is day-to-day.
Celtics Injury/Inactive Report: None to report.
More SB Nation Coverage: SB Nation Atlanta, CelticsBlog
just talked w joe Johnson.said no effort in game 4.wasnt sure if it would be there for game 5— greg dickerson (@gdickerson_csn) May 8, 2012
Not exactly a tweet or a Joe Johnson quote that inspires. It's not a quote that you want to hear from your "leader" coming off a blow out loss. It doesn't give much confidence that Joe Johnson will lead this team to a win.
After the Hawks' disappointing loss in Game 4 on Sunday, things are looking bleak in Hawk Nation. With the Hawks down 3-1 in the series, almost everyone is saying that this series is done for and the result is inevitable. Which is fair, out of the 202 times that a team has been down 3-1 in a series, only 8 teams have come back to win the series.
The outlook looks as good (or bad) as a Josh Smith jump shot. It doesn't look pretty and all you can do is hope. Let's all hope together that this isn't going to be the last playoff game the Hawks will play this season.
Playoff Series Summary:
Game 1 (April 29th): Celtics 74, Hawks 83 WIN
Game 2 (May 1st): Celtics 87, Hawks 80 LOSE
Game 3 (May 4): Hawks 84, Celtics 90 OT LOSE
Game 4 (May 6): Hawks 79, Celtics 101 LOSE
- Larry Drew's playoff record is now 7-9. He's 5-3 when it's played at home..
- The Hawks all-time record vs. the Celtics in the playoffs is now 23-39.
- The Celtics were 15-18 on the road in the regular season, while the Hawks were 23-10 at home.
- The Hawks only had the chance to use the Teague-Johnson-Williams-Smith-Horford lineup 9 times in the regular season. That lineup went 6-3.
- Teams that are down 3-1 in the series lose 96% of the time.