Lets be clear, the Atlanta Hawks still have a head coach in Larry Drew and he has a team option for next season. However, uncertainty at the general manager position at least makes his status slightly uncertain for a return to the bench. SB Nation's Tom Ziller takes a look at the head coaches available or that figure to be available and ranks them from the Zen Master all the way to Kurt Rambis. Here are a few thoughts on a few that Ziller points out.
- Jerry Sloan - I'd love this but forget it as the Hawks aren't breaking the bank for a head coach. Not sure exactly what he would do with this collection of players but I think Al Horford would blossom under him.
- Nate McMillan - Feels like a good fit but what exactly is the difference in him and Woodson/Drew? How much he would command would absolutely play a part in whether he was a candidate.
- Stan Van Gundy - HAHAHAHA that is my thought of Josh Smith and Van Gundy coexisting.
- Brian Shaw - No complaints here but doesn't have previous experience as a head coach
- Mike Budenholzer - Good call by Ziller because if you had to tap an existing assistant wouldn't you want one that is working under Gregg Popovich?