Tonight's game against the Celtics is the first of five game in seven days for the club. The Hawks will head out after tonight's game to New Jersey for a match up with the Nets tomorrow. They then will return home to take on the Washington Wizards on Thanksgiving night. Then they are back out on the road with games in New York on Saturday and Toronto on Sunday before returning home the following week.
More after the jump:
Some bulleted points from the Hawks last week via the sterling Hawks PR Department:
- Mike Bibby, Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Jamal Crawford are featured on this year's All Star Game Ballot. This will be the 60th All Star Game and will be played at Staples Center in Los angeles
- The Hawks’ frontcourt tandem of Al Horford (7) and Josh Smith (5) both rank among the league leaders in double doubles. Horford comes in tied for fifth in the league while Smith is tied for 17th.
- Al Horford recorded his second career 20/20 on 11/20 vs. Dallas, finishing with 20 points and 20 rebounds, while also tying season-highs of 5 assists and 3 blocks.
- Josh Smith is averaging 22.3 ppg on .561 FG% over the last four games, topping 20 points in each contest. He has now scored 20-or-more six times this year.
- The Hawks are off to a 5-1 road start, their best beginning away from home since starting the 1997-98 campaign with an identical mark. Last season, Atlanta was 4-2 through six road games, and went 19-22 on the year.
- Josh Smith swiped a season-high 5 steals on 11/20 vs. Dallas, in the process moving past Jason Terry for the 6th on the Hawks’ all-time steals list (now at 590).