|Team||Poss||Off Eff||eFG%||FT Rate||OR%||TO%|
One consequence of making the playoffs last season and playing competent basketball so far this season is that it's much more difficult to avoid finding out the score of a Hawks game you've taped but not watched yet. It's surely a net positive that people are more interested in the Hawks but I didn't get a pure game-watching experience. No tension for me when the Wizards cut a 15-point lead to 0 a couple of times late in the game. It's an odd experience, knowing the result but not how they got there.
These are the things that stood out:
- Josh Smith getting that technical. Hilarious.
- Acie Law IV playing a long, solid stretch of basketball in the first half then not at all in the second half.
- That 10-minute stretch of Flip Murray in the three-guard lineup would have agitated me no end had I not known that everything would work out in the end.
- I guess Zaza couldn't rather than didn't play in the fourth quarter in Toronto.
- Solomon Jones really struggles to contribute in the second halves of games. A subject for further study.
- Watching Joe Johnson struggle mightily in the fourth quarter only reinforces the need to involve Horford in the offense more. Al's 6 assists help his case as well.
- Mike Bibby's value to the offense probably could be overstated but it would be difficult to do so.