WHO: Charlotte (3-7) at Atlanta (7-4)
Injury Report: Josh Smith is out. Al Horford is questionable. Al Horford WILL PLAY. Jason Richardson is out for the Bobcats.
For Entertainment Purposes Only: Atlanta -8, 185.5 o/u
Blogging With the Enemy: Queen City Hoops
- In the morning paper, Sekou Smith updates the respective recoveries of Josh Smith and Al Horford:
Horford and Smith worked out on their own Thursday. Smith ran on the treadmill for the first time, although he isn’t expected to resume practice or play until after Thanksgiving. Horford had treatment on his right ankle and did some on-court work and shooting drills alongside Zaza Pachulia. Horford said he’ll see how he feels at the shootaround this morning and will try to play against the Bobcats.
- Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer reports that Larry Brown may start rookies DJ Augustin and Alexis Ajinca in place of Matt Carroll and Sean May "in part to send a message to the veterans."
I hope the Hawks are closely monitoring Raymond Felton's situation in Charlotte. The organization seems determined to play him out of position as much as possible. If he's available in the summer, he would not be a bad long term option to replace Mike Bibby at the point.
- At Zaza's Playground, Drew has penned an open letter to Mike Woodson.
- I may have linked to this before, but there's a new Hawks blog worth reading: Heavy Koncak.
- Elsewhere in the DC area, Jamie Leader brings the students and faculty of Georgetown University up to date on the Hawks' rebuilding efforts.
- Queen City Hoops has a nice preview of tonight's game from the Charlotte perspective.
- Bobcats Planet's game preview is sanguinely ignorant about the Hawks, I wish Drew hadn't beaten me to the comments there.