We need to address our weakest spot on the roster and that would be the small forward position. Carroll played well last year and proved to be worth much more than his $2.5Million salary would suggest. However, he would be better suited for coming off of the bench, bringing a strong defensive presence and an ability to hit down the open three. Let's look at some options the Hawks could pursue in Free Agency.
1. Lebron (very unlikely, but you never know)
2. Carmelo (long shot, but we are one of a hand full of team who can give him the money & winning now)
3. Deng (has many miles on him offensively, not same caliber as first two offensively, but definite upgrade over Carroll.)
4. Parsons (Restricted- Houston would have to sign one of the big 2 SF's to open Chandler up to the rest of the league, otherwise they will match anything.)
5. Heyward (Restrcted- not really sure if Jazz will match any offer on Gordon, but he's a talented guy on offense... many compare him to Ginobli, ATL would have to offer near max to get him.)
6. Others: T. Ariza, E. Turner, Butler
Sleepers (at other positions) we could get for bargain:
Rodney Stuckey- not sure what he will go for in the FA market, but I could see him being the scoring guard who comes off the bench who in essence replaces Lou.
Add whoever else you think the hawks could pursue in FA in comments
My initial guess is that we end with Deng or one of the RFA's and one of the bottom 2. I didn't touch on this but I don't think that Detroit will let Greg Monroe get away and will continue to have a overcrowded front court.