Williams has been a big part of Brooklyn's two-game winning streak so it would be a big blow if he is unable to play. He did play 38 minutes in Saturday's win over the Cleveland Cavaliers but has battled ankle issues for much of the season.
Obviously it is good news for the Hawks if Williams is unable to play or is limited. If he is unable to go then Shaun Livingston would likely get the start. The Nets announced that they have assigned Tyshawn Taylor to the D-League which would leave Livingston as the only healthy option at the point.
Williams is averaging 13.6 points and 6.9 assists in 22 games this season. He is averaging 25 points and five assists in Brooklyn's last two games.
- Hawks vs Nets preview: Atlanta wraps up road trip in Brooklyn
- Dennis Schröder discusses NBA transition, Rajon Rondo
- NBA Rumors: Hawks showed interest in Hedo Turkoglu?
- Struggling Hawks can't find footing in Chicago
- Warriors vs Hawks: Mike Budenholzer, Pero Antic respond to Andre Iguodala's game winner