Macedonia fell to 0-2 on Thursday with a 75-67 loss to Lithuania at the 2013 Eurobasket tournament. Atlanta forward Pero Antic finished with 12 points and eight rebounds for Macedonia in the loss.
Macedonia struggled to contain the size of Lithuania which features NBA bigs Donatas Montiejunas and Jonas Valanciunas. Each finished with 11 points and combined to pull down 11 rebounds for Lithuania. Vlado Ilievski led Macedonia with 13 points but was just 5-15 from the floor. Bo McCalebb finished with 11 for Macedonia.
In two games, Antic is averaging 10 points and seven rebounds on 38 percent shooting. Macedonia is back in action on Friday when they take on Serbia.
2009 second round draft pick Sergii Gladyr is a part of Ukraine's national team that is currently 2-0. Gladyr has played well averaging 14 points and six rebounds over the first two games. Ukraine is being coached by former Hawks head coach Mike Fratello. They will take on Germany on Friday.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- NBA Most Hyped: The 1989 Atlanta Hawks' Big 3
- SB Nation Theme Day, Most Hyped: The Atlanta Hawks' failed playoff guarantee
- 2013 Eurobasket: Pero Antic, Macedonia drop opener 81-80
- 2013 FIBA Americas: Gustavo Ayon leads Mexico into 2nd round
- Mike Bibby attending Spurs mini-camp, eyes future in coaching