Damien Wilkins is the latest forward to reportedly work out for the Atlanta Hawks according to a report by Shams Charania of Real GM. The report says that Atlanta is looking to add to its depth at the wing position but that no deal is imminent with Wilkins.
Wilkins has exhibited impressive moments in the workouts, and the Hawks have shown interest in free agents who can complete their depth at the wing. No deal is imminent for Wilkins, a source said.
Wilkins spent the 2011 season with the Hawks appearing in 52 games averaging 3.5 points and 1.7 rebounds. He is now 33 years old and spent last season with the Philadelphia 76ers.
Wilkins probably isn't a guy that the Hawks will give any type of guaranteed contract to but is a veteran to keep an eye on should he be invited to training camp. The Hawks currently have 14 players on the roster but both Mike Scott and Shelvin Mack are on non-guaranteed deals.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Atlanta Hawks to open training camp at UGA October 1
- Gustavo Ayon, Mexico win FIBA Americas tournament championship
- 2013 FIBA Americas: Gustavo Ayon leads Mexico into finals
- Free Agency Rewind: Where does Pero Antic fit with the Atlanta Hawks?
- Atlanta Hawks Schedule 2014: SportSouth to televise 75 games