As you can see, the Hawks are just one of the teams that have reportedly talked to Ebanks but it does signal that Danny Ferry is still exploring options for the small forward position. Currently Atlanta has Kyle Korver and DeShawn Stevenson under contract that played the small forward position for the team last year. The team has also reached an agreement with free agent DeMarre Carroll but he has not officially been signed as of yet. Paul Millsap and 2012 draft pick Mike Scott could also see some time a the position.
Ebanks hasn't impressed in three seasons with the Lakers since being drafted in the second round of the 2010 draft. He appeared in 63 games in his career averaging 3.6 points per contest. However at 6-9, Ebanks has the size that Atlanta might be looking for from a player at the small forward position.
At this point Ebanks might be a candidate for a training camp invite but hardly seems like someone that the Hawks would look to guarantee a spot on next season's roster. This year's training camp is already shaping up to be very competitive with several players potentially competing for jobs. The Hawks' small forward position is one area where an opportunity could be had.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Atlanta Hawks among teams showing interest in Devin Ebanks, according to report
- David Lighty reportedly going to training camp with the Atlanta Hawks
- Atlanta Hawks claim Gustavo Ayon off waivers (UPDATE: Ivan Johnson Renounced)
- Al Horford won't play for Dominican Republic this summer
- Reports: Lucas Nogueira contract to be bought out soon by Atlanta