It appears free agent guard Devin Harris won't be returning to the Dallas Mavericks afterall. Harris and the Mavericks had agreed on a three-year deal worth $9 million before an X-Ray revealed that he has a dislocated toe on his left foot. The Mavericks remain interested but both sides agreed to do away with their current agreement. Harris will have surgery in an effort to be ready for the start of the NBA season.
Harris appeared in 58 games for the Atlanta Hawks in 2013 but battled foot and ankle injuries for much of the season. When healthy, he was a key player for the Hawks averaging 9.9 points and 3.4 assists. The Hawks acquired Harris in an offseason trade with the Utah Jazz in exchange for Marvin Williams.
Dallas moved on quickly and has reportedly agreed to a three year deal with free agent guard Monta Ellis. Atlanta had been linked to Ellis in free agency and as well at the trade deadline but that talk had cooled in recent days.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Vegas Summer League 2013: Dennis Schröder, Lucas Nogueira debut for Atlanta Hawks
- Atlanta Hawks fall in Vegas Summer League opener 90-83
- Lucas Nogueira added to Atlanta Hawks' summer league roster
- Kyle Korver officially signs new contract with the Atlanta Hawks
- 2013 Vegas Summer League: Atlanta Hawks vs. Los Angeles Clippers game thread