It wasn't all good news for the Atlanta Hawks in Friday's win over the Cleveland Cavaliers. In the final moments of the game, Hawks' center Gustavo Ayon suffered an injury during a collision under the Cavaliers' basket. Ayon limped off the court and the AJC's Chris Vivlamore reports that he suffered a left ankle sprain and a leg contusion.
Gustavo Ayon suffered left ankle sprain and left leg contusion near end of game. #ATLHawks— Chris Vivlamore (@ajchawks) December 7, 2013
Ayon saw his first action in several games for the Hawks on Friday playing over 20 minutes while finishing with six points, seven rebounds and three assists. Mike Budenholzer went with a bigger rotation against Cleveland's big front line and Elton Brand saw a bit of playing time at the power forward position which opened up time for Ayon at center.
The severity of Ayon's injury isn't known. The Hawks will enjoy three days off before hosting the Oklahoma City Thunder on Tuesday.
- Video: Kyle Korver sets record, highlights, roll call and more
- John Jenkins, Dennis Schröder help Jam to 104-100 win over the Defenders
- Kyle Korver breaks the 3-point record
- Korver sets record as Hawks beat Cavaliers 89-108 (Now w/Editor Thoughts!)
- Hawks Assistant GM Wes Wilcox Joins Peachtree Hoops Appreciation Night