The Atlanta Hawks are shuffling their roster on Friday as they have recalled Jared Cunningham from the D-League and assigned John Jenkins to Bakersfield. The Hawks sent Dennis Schroder to the D-League on Wednesday.
Cunningham has been with Bakersfield since the beginning of the season and was averaging 15 points and 4.6 assists despite a low shooting percentage. He had been seeing some time at point guard and was still displaying a good knack of getting to the free throw line where he is converting at a high rate.
Jenkins has struggled to find his footing since battling a back injury during the offseason that lingered into the preseason. He has played sparingly and hasn't played very well when given opportunities. Jenkins spent two games in Bakersfield last season and averaged 25 points a game.
That Hawks have yet to announce the move but it is being reported by the AJC. Update: The Hawks have confirmed the move via press release.
- Hawks recall Jared Cunningham, assign John Jenkins to Bakersfield
- Cavaliers vs Hawks preview: Atlanta looks to keep rolling at home as Kyle Korver goes for a record
- Happy Holidays from the Hawks!
- Kyle Korver credits teammates on three-point streak
- Mike Budenholzer comments on Dennis Schröder's assignment