In a story that continues to develop, Lucas Nogueira is in Atlanta according to a report by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Chris Vivlamore and will have team affiliated doctors assist with his rehab for a severe case of tendinitis.
Per the AJC's report, Nogueira will split his rehab process between Atlanta and Los Angeles and will use the Peachtree Orthopaedics clinic which is the same facility used by the Hawks organization.
Nogueira and his agent elected to use Peachtree Orthopaedics Clinic, the same facility used by the Hawks, for his rehabilitation. It will allow the team to monitor Nogueira's progress.
The current plan is for Nogueira to miss the next two months while he recovers from the tendinitis and then eventually return to his Spanish ACB team Estudiantes for the remainder of the season.
Nogueira has apparently battled issues with his knees since the offseason after a busy schedule that included various draft workouts and a summer league appearance with the Hawks. He was limited to just six games with Estudiantes so far this season.
- Lucas Nogueira injury: Hawks draft pick in Atlanta for rehab
- Buyers or Sellers: Just who exactly are the Hawks?
- Lucas Nogueira injury: Hawks draft pick diagnosed with severe tendinitis, according to report
- Hawks pummel Jazz 118-85 on Peachtree Hoops Appreciation Night
- NBA Trade Rumors: Matt Moore explains why Omer Asik doesn't make sense for Hawks