The Atlanta Hawks task in Houston just got a little tougher. The team announced Wednesday afternoon that Kyle Korver did not travel with the team due to a rib contusion. Korver suffered the injury during Tuesday's game and is officially listed as day-to-day.
Korver's consecutive games streak with a made three-pointer will remain intact while he is out. Currently Korver is at 88 games and just one behind Dana Barros for the all-time record.
Shelvin Mack and Lou Williams did not make the trip to Houston either which will leave the Hawks thin in the backcourt. Mack suffered an ankle injury on Tuesday and Williams is still on a back-to-back restriction since returning from ACL surgery earlier this month.
According to a report by Chris Vivlamore, the Hawks don't have any intentions yet to recall Jared Cunningham from the D-League but that could be an option if the injury situation doesn't improve by the weekend.
- Hawks vs Rockets preview: Atlanta looks to shake off struggles in Houston
- Hawks stumble against Magic, Jared Cunningham, roll call and more
- Magic vs Hawks final score: Atlanta's offensive struggles continue in 109-92 loss
- Kyle Korver extends streak to 88 games, one shy of Dana Barros Record
- Shelvin Mack injury: Hawks guard leaves game with ankle injury