It took Kyle Korver four attempts but he extended his streak of consecutive games with a made three to 83 games with a first quarter three against the New York Knicks. Korver missed his first three opportunities including a pair of wide open looks.
Iman Shumpert scored on a drive against Korver that sent the Atlanta guard to the floor along the baseline. The Hawks inbounded the ball and Korver got to his feet and raced to the left wing ahead of Shumpert and the Knicks' defense. Jeff Teague found him in rhythm and Korver knocked it down.
Korver is now six games behind Dana Barros who holds the league record with a made three-pointer in 89 straight games. Korver is on pace to tie Barros' record on November 27 in Houston against the Rockets. He could break it two nights later at Philips Arena against the Dallas Mavericks.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Hawks vs Knicks preview: Atlanta tries to add to New York's home struggles
- Video: Atlanta Hawks defeat Philadelphia 76ers 113-103
- Hawks vs. Sixers Recap: Final Thoughts
- 2014 NBA All Star Voting: Al Horford, Paul Millsap, Jeff Teague on ballot
- Lou Williams returns to the court 10 months after ACL injury