Lou Williams participated in some contact drills for the first time during Tuesday's practice and takes a significant step forward in his rehabilitation from a knee injury.
Lou Williams closer to return. Participated in some contact drills for the first time today. Next step full contact. #ATLHawks— Chris Vivlamore (@ajchawks) November 12, 2013
Williams has been progressing well and has been working out on court doing basketball related activities. He has participated in some 3-on-3 drills. Mike Budenholzer and the Hawks have indicated since the preseason that they would not rush Williams back, saying that he would return when he was physically and mentally ready.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- NBA Power Rankings: Hawks Slowly Moving Up
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Charlotte Bobcats Recap: Quick Thoughts
- VIDEO: Highlights from the Hawks' 103-94 win over the Charlotte Bobcats
- Hawks vs Bobcats final score: Atlanta comes from behind to defeat Charlotte 103-94
- Kyle Korver passes Michael Adams, streak now at 80 games