It didn't take long for the injury bug to bite the Atlanta Hawks in their preseason opener as Gustavo Ayon left in the first quarter of Monday's preseason loss in Miami with a shoulder injury. The AJC reports that Ayon has returned Atlanta to have his shoulder examined.
Ayon checked in midway through the first quarter but was injured during a scramble for a loose ball with Miami's Norris Cole. Ayon grimaced in pain and was quickly ushered to the locker room area by team trainers.
In other injury news, the AJC also reports that John Jenkins had an MRI on his injured back but that the results were negative. He is listed as day-to-day. Jenkins originally injured his back over the summer and was declared out for the first two preseason games after experiencing back spasms last Sunday.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Hawks vs Bobcats Preview: Preseason slate continues in Asheville, NC
- Bullet thoughts from Monday's preseason loss to Miami
- Hawks vs Heat final score: Atlanta drops preseason opener 92-87
- Gustavo Ayon Injury: Hawks center leaves game with shoulder injury
- VIDEO: Mike Budenholzer, Paul Millsap discuss preseason opener