According to the AJC's Chris Vivlamore, the Atlanta Hawks picked up the third year option on John Jenkins, the AJC's Chris Vivlamore confirms, and have elected not to pick up the same for Jared Cunningham.
Hawks will exercise option on John Jenkins, will not exercise option on Jared Cunningham. #ATLHawks— Chris Vivlamore (@ajchawks) November 1, 2013
Jenkins, who did not play in Dallas on Wednesday night, will collect 1.312M for next season. The Hawks have ~45M in salary and options on players for next season, per Sham Sports.
Jenkins has been struggling with a back injury for most of the preseason, but has shown considerable ability to shoot the long ball for the team to date.
Cunningham was acquired in a draft day trade with the Dallas Mavericks. His role with the team has still not been defined.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- Atlanta Hawks Game Recap: Changes
- NBA Flashback: Allen Iverson sets Philips Arena scoring record
- Hawks vs Mavericks recap: Defensive lapses prove costly in Dallas
- Video: Highlights from the Atlanta Hawks' season opening loss in Dallas
- Hawks vs Mavericks final score: Second half surge propels Dallas over Atlanta