The Atlanta Hawks requested waivers on forward Eric Dawson Saturday afternoon, bringing their roster to 15 players with which they are likely to open the season. Dawson appeared in three games for the Hawks during the preseason, averaging three points and four rebounds.
Cartier Martin is the last remaining player that was invited to training camp left on the roster and there is a good possibility that he will stick around to help provide wing depth at the shooting guard and small forward positions.
Atlanta will open the regular season on the road in Dallas against the Mavericks Wednesday night.
More from Peachtree Hoops:
- HawkStr8Talk's Season Preview: Looking For A New Love
- Atlanta Hawks waive Royal Ivey, roster now at 16
- Mike Budenholzer, Danny Ferry get weekly radio appearances at 92.9 The Game
- Atlanta Hawks Season Preview: One Man's Blind, No-Good, Ill-Advised Take on a Perennial Playoff Team
- ESPN's NBARank: Atlanta Hawks Edition