Follow my reasoning below. Do you think i am making sense? I am giving 6 rasons why i think Dwight will end up in a Hawks jersey. .
1. The way Josh answered the question Asked if he still wants to be traded, Smith promptly responded, "No." Why would Smith promptly say No? Not "no comment" not a politically correct answer. Surely he knows something that we don't. I fail to believe that a change in management and trading Joe was enough to excite Josh.Dwight is his very good friend surely i mean surely they would have talked about playing together?
2. Who doesn't like home cooking.?..Comon, who doesnt like to play for his/her home team where they grew up. Your friends, family etc are all nearby..which leads me to reason No 3.
3. Management. The key reason why Dwight did not want to play for his home town team the Hawks was because of the lack of managements commitment to winning.That has changed obviously.
4. We have all it takes.Our big 3. Dwight, AL, Josh.Surely Dwight will be looking at the current team and saying ALL THE HAWKS NEED IS A CENTER TO BE A CONTENDER.
5. CAP ROOM: Very few teams in the NBA have what we do.Infact, no team has what we will have next year. Huge cap space and 2 All star caliber players.
6.Right now, besides the Lakers( if they do not resign Bynum, ( I am assuming that Nets have to unload assets to make cap space to sign Dwight). we are the only team in the NBA that can conveniently sign Dwight and become an instant Contender.Surely he knows that.
If i was Dwight , I would do what he is doing . Make no commitment to any team, play my contract out and then pick a team that I want to go to. It makes no sense to sign an extention when the team will strip its assets to get him. Every elite player has seen Miami and Lebron and has thought. Damn I should do that too.
Am i dreaming ? Let me know what you think...
A FanPost expresses the opinion of the community member who wrote it and not that of the blog management.