I hate doing this but i think this is a trade idea the Hawks should consider.Deron Williams + MarShon Brooks ( maybe draft pick) for Joe Johnson and Teague. NOTE Obviously, Deron would have to sign a multi year deal ( even a max deal) with the Hawks.I am sure he would not mind playing with Josh and AL.
Why the Hawks should do it.
1. It gets Joes huge contract off our books therby giving us flexibility to sign additional players.
2. We will be able to re-sign Josh if he commands a bigger deal than maybe Horf.
3. We will have a legit big 3( Al Josh and Deron) of about the same age getting into their prime at the same time locked up for at least 4 years.
4. We would have one of the best point guards in the league.Good for putting people on the seats.Also, the stats of players like Marvin, AL and Josh will likely improve because of the upgrade in the PG position.
5. With the right bench players, we would have a legitimate shot at competing with Chicago and Miami.
6. Signing Deron to a max deal will be cheaper than Joe in the short run and will likely turn out to be money well spent.
Why the nets should do it.
1. i am making the assumption that Deron doesnt want to stay at NJ through the rebuilding process.
2. They become a instant playoff team with Joe, Lopez and Wallace .
3. They dont lose Deron for nothing
4. They have the cap room to take Joes contract and also sign other players. With the move to NY and a legitimate team, other players would not mind playing for the nets.
What do you think? Good idea?