|Atlanta Hawks 11-12 Season Game #64|
|Philips Arena, Atlanta, Georgia|
|April 21, 2012, 1:00 PM|
|SportSouth, ESPN, 99X and 98.9 FM, NBA Audio League Pass|
|Mike Bibby||PG||Jeff Teague|
|Iman Shumpert||SG||Kirk Hinrich|
|Carmelo Anthony||SF||Joe Johnson|
|Amare Stoudemire||PF||Josh Smith|
|Tyson Chandler||C||Jason Collins|
The Hawks have a chance for redemption. After winning unconvincingly on national television on Thursday night vs. the Celtics, the Hawks will get another shot as they will be in the national stage once again in an early Sunday afternoon game against their mini-rival, the New York Knicks.
There's a lot of good match-ups in this game....
- Joe Johnson vs. Carmelo Anthony
- Josh Smith vs. Amare Stoudemire
- Ivan Johnson & Jason Collins vs. Tyson Chandler
- Jeff Teague vs. Mike Bibby (the battle of the new vs. the old)
- Willie Green vs. JR Smith (the battle of the two offensive guards)
- Jannero Pargo vs. Toney Douglas (the battle of the shoot first point guards)
- Larry Drew vs. Mike Woodson (the battle of the new era vs. the old era)
- Tracy McGrady & Marvin Williams vs. Landry Fields & Steve Novak (the battle of the forwards on the bench)
- Hawks fans in Philips Arena vs. Knicks fans in Philips Arena
Current/Past Season Series:
The Knicks are visiting Philips Arena for the third and final game of the season series. The season series is currently tied 1-1, with both teams winning one game in front of their home crowd.
In the first game in New York, the Knicks won by a big margin of 27 points. In the second game in Atlanta, the Hawks only by a margin of 10 points. The Hawks had three 20 point players that game, Joe Johnson (28), Josh Smith (23), and Willie Green (20).
Knicks & Hawks Current Records/Streaks:
Away/Home: The Knicks are 12-19 on the road, and the Hawks have a 21-9 record at home. The Hawks have also won 8 out of their last 10 home games.
Streaks/Trends: The Knicks are on a 1 game losing streak, and the Hawks have won their last three games. The Knicks have also won 6 out of their last 9 overall games, and the Hawks have won 8 out of their last 10 overall games.
Against .500+ teams: The Knicks post a 13-20 record against teams with winning records, while the Hawks post a similar 12-20 record.