Josh Smith: Yes, that scoreboard is correct....
Game Recap: There are so many good things that I can list about this game, but let's just list the notable ones...
- The Hawks went 12 deep and all 12 players scored at least one field goal. The Hawks also had a total of 72 bench points.
- Only one player (Ivan Johnson) played 30+ minutes, and none of the starters played no more than 23 minutes.
- Tonight was the resurrection of Tracy McGrady. He had a game high 17 points along with 4 rebounds and 4 assists in only 17 minutes. This was also Tracy McGrady's season high in points.
- Jason Collins was actually not counter-productive in his 15 minutes. Scored a season high 7 points. His highest point total since November 25, 2010.
- Ivan Johnson got a double-double, scoring 16 points and grabbing 10 boards. This is his 3rd career double-double.
- Jannero Pargo had a near double-double, scoring 9 points and dishing out 8 assists.
- It has become so "okay, what else is new?", but Josh Smith did work in the stat sheet once again. In only 19 minutes of playing time, Josh Smith scored 12 points, grabbed 9 rebounds, dished out 3 assists, and blocked one shot.
- The Hawks assisted on 27 out of their 42 field goals.
- The Hawks scored 50 points in the paint.
This game was over by the middle of the 2nd quarter. It was just a dominant effort for the Hawks. The Pistons came in this game lethargic, and the Hawks came in with a mission to execute and run....so the end result? A blowout 32 point win for the Hawks.
Final Thought: I really doubt you'll see this type of bench production consistently, but I think this game shows that the Hawks don't have a mediocre bench like some fans suggest. I know it's not as great as the Thunder's or the Spurs', but this is the best Hawks team in a while when it comes to depth.
Next Game: The Hawks will continue their 5 game home stand against the Boston Celtics on Friday night. This could possibly be the biggest game of the season for the Hawks. With the Hawks only having a half game lead over the Boston Celtics for home-court advantage in the first round, this game is a big one. This game could be the deciding factor on which of the two will get that important home court advantage.