|Atlanta Hawks 11-12 Season Game #61|
|Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Ontario|
|April 16, 2012, 7:00 PM|
|SportSouth, 99X, NBA Audio League Pass|
|Jeff Teague||PG||Ben Uzoh|
|Kirk Hinrich||SG||DeMar DeRozan|
|Joe Johnson||SF||Alan Anderson|
|Josh Smith||PF||Amir Johnson|
|Jason Collins||C||Aaron Gray|
The atmosphere in Hawk Nation is not good right now after the (arguably) worst loss of the season vs. the Raptors.
It was just a bad night for the Hawks. They lost a must-and-should win to an inferior team at home, and it just wasn't the type of performance any Hawks enthusiasts were hoping for.
It's almost impossible to make up for the disappointing loss last night, but the Hawks can surely make things better with a statement win on the road tonight against the very same team that they lost to last night.
The Hawks are and will be the more talented team on the floor tonight, we all know that. But will they be the mentally tougher team? Like always, that's up in the air.
Like I said on the recap last night, the Hawks are still the Hawks. Meaning, they are still the team that can go the complete opposite of where you think they're going, so don't be surprised if the Hawks completely blows out this Raptors team tonight.
Current/Past Season Series:
With last night's loss, the Atlanta Hawks now only hold a 2-1 advantage in the season series vs. the Raptors. Last night's loss also ended the Hawks 6 game overall win streak vs. the Raptors, and a 7 game overall win streak vs. the Raptors in Philips Arena.
The Hawks are currently on a 3 game win streak when it's played in Toronto. The Atlanta Hawks have also won 6 out of the last 7 meetings in Toronto.
Raptors & Hawks Current Records/Streaks:
Away/Home: The Hawks have a 16-16 record on the road, and the Raptors have a 12-19 record at home.
Streaks: The Hawks are on an overall 1 game losing streak, and the Raptors are on an overall 1 game win streak. Raptors are also on a 1 game win streak at home, and the Hawks are also on a 1 game win streak on the road.
Against .500+ teams: The Raptors post a 11-27 record against teams with winning records.
Against non-winning teams: The Hawks post a 24-5 record against non-winning teams.
- The Hawks will officially clinch a playoff spot if they win this game.
- This will be the last road game in the regular season for the Hawks. They will play their last 5 regular season games in front of their home crowd in Philips Arena.
- Tracy McGrady was drafted by the Toronto Raptors and played his first three seasons in a Raptors uni.
- Jeff Teague and James Johnson were college teammates in Wake Forest.
- Josh Smith will be tied with John Drew for 10th place in most games played in an Atlanta Hawks uniform after this game.
- Willie Green is only 14 points away from reaching 5,000 NBA career points.