Kirby Lee-US PRESSWIRE
It's time for a sponsored post -- and this one provides us the opportunity to hop onto virtual Santa's lap and ask for anything we want for the Atlanta Hawks.
If I could choose a list of gifts for the Atlanta Hawks to receive this Christmas season it would be --- Hmmmmmmmm ---- (drifts off to sleep -- dream sequence engages)
In my dreams, I see only bullet points --- bullet points --- bullet points:
- Zaza Pachulia on a cap-friendly, lifetime contract with the Hawks
- New, state-of-the-art locker rooms for the players
- To have the teamwork spirit of this team continue on after this season, when the roster is likely not on one-year or terminating contracts
- Deadly three point shooters available at all times, in all situations
- Clarity on whether Al Horford should be playing forward or center in the NBA
- For Josh Smith to have that one season where it all comes together and we see what his true productive ceiling really is
- That Lou Williams starts the trend of young, talented players who want to play in the ATL
- A long, happy head coaching career for Larry Drew
- More ticket/food deals inside of Philips Arena for the people
- More people at games to enjoy the aforementioned ticket/food deals
- A chant at games that doesn't get lamer over time, is easy to do/repeat and provides more identity for Hawks fans
- That Dominique Wilkins gets a cryochamber to allow him to be a part of this organization forever
- That Steve Holman gets one too to call games forever and ever
- For the Hawks to embrace the super-statistical analytics that have added some depth to pro and college player evaluation
- For that one lucky break that brings the next great Atlanta Hawks superstar into reality
And, finally, and of course ----- Championship(s)!
Exit Question: I left out quite a few things that I know you guys are thinking about -- so what is your list?