Brian Spurlock-US PRESSWIRE
The Atlanta Hawks even their preseason record at 3-3 as they defeat the Dallas Mavericks 110-94.
The Atlanta Hawks scored the first eight points of Saturday's matchup against the Dallas Mavericks and never looked back cruising to a 110-94 win. The win evens their record at 3-3 on the preseason and is there third straight impressive performance at home. Atlanta is 3-0 at Philips Arena during the preseason but is 0-3 on the road. They will wrap up the preseason schedule on Friday in Detroit against the Pistons.
Injuries were the theme of this game as Jeff Teague, Zaza Pachulia and John Jenkins were all out of action. Al Horford joined the group on the sidelines leaving in the second quarter with a sore calf. None of the injuries are thought to be serious but Atlanta would like to enter the regular season with all of their key players healthy.
Some observations from the win over the Mavericks:
- Devin Harris got the start at point guard and finished with 11 points and six assists. Harris hit 2-6 shots and was 6-9 from the free throw line. He did turn the ball over three times in the game.
- With Pachulia out, Ivan Johnson filled in at the back up center spot and added 13 points and seven boards.
- Anthony Tolliver got another start and finished with nine points, seven rebounds and three assists further strengthening his case for a roster spot.
- Josh Smith turned in a double-double in just over 20 minutes of action but was 0-4 from the free throw line and turned the ball over four times.
- Mike Scott hit all six of his field goal attempts and finished with a game-high 17 points. However, Atlanta was a -5 with Scott on the court.
- Damion James played the last 16 minutes of the game and finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and five personal fouls.