The Atlanta Hawks will hold a three day free agent mini camp beginning on Monday at Philips Arena. The names of the players participating is expected to be released on Monday. In addition to rookie draft pick Keith Benson, it has already been reported that former Seton Hall guard Jeremy Hazell will be taking part in the workouts as well.
The AJC's Michael Cunningham adds five more names to the list that is expected to be a part of the camp. Those players are in no particular order:
- Vernon Goodridge 6-foot-9 Forward - Was the No. 5 pick in the 2010 Development League Draft by Springfield. After 33 games with the Armor, he was traded to the Maine Red Claws. Goodridge averaged 7.1 points and 4.8 rebounds combined in 2010. Goodridge went to training camp last season with the Golden State Warriors.
- Donald Sloan 6-foot-3 Guard - Averaged 10.7 points and 4.4 assists during the regular season for the Reno Bighorns of the NBA Development League. Elevated his game in the playoffs with averages of 17 points and 6.8 assists.
- Marcus Landry 6-foot-7 Forward - Landry has some NBA experience but played last season with Donald Sloan in Reno. Landry averaged 17.1 points per game while shooting 43 percent from the field.
- Joe Alexander 6-foot-8 Forward - Former NBA Lottery pick who saw his rookie contract not get extended, bounced around to a couple of NBA teams before landing with the Texas Legends of the D-League. Alexander finished with impressive averages of 20.2 points and 8.9 rebounds per game this season.
- Qyntel Woods 6-foot-8 Forward - The once troubled Portland and New York player that has made a name for himself overseas. Woods played in Poland last season and has redefined himself as a person after his troubles that eventually led to his departure from the NBA.