#NBABACK, man the next few weeks are gonna be ridiculous.
Now to the point...
My first prediction for this coming season is that the Hawks will be $1 - $3 million above the salary cap this season. (Bold and daring, I know!) Secondly, Jamal Crawford will not be a Hawk. (Thank God!) Thirdly, the Hawks will make the Eastern Conference Championship!!! (Whoooaaa, believing is achieving!) Lastly, Marvin Williams won't be amnestied because the Hawks will have to pay his salary anyway, letting Marvin go just to put another contract (more or less) on the books is essentially paying the tax.
What will Atlanta do to raise the bar? Here are a few scenarios...
A) The Hawks keep the core together for one more look-see and build a solid bench through free agency. Hawks give Michael Redd a chance to do his best Grant Hill impersonation for the minimum, sign-and-trade Jamal to Dallas for Brendon Haywood, and round out the roster with minimal players.
- Starters - Teague, JJ, Smith, Horford, Haywood
- Bench - Hinrich, Redd, Williams, Rolle, Zaza
B) Hawks sign-and- trade Jamal and include Marvin Williams to Utah for Al Jefferson. Sign Al Thorton and Michael Redd.
- Starters - Teague, JJ, Smith, Horford, Jefferson
- Bench - Hinrich, Redd, Thorton, Rolle, Zaza
- Starters - Teague, JJ, Smith, Horford, Zaza
- Bench - Hinrich, Bogans, Williams, Hayes, Asik