Without getting too mushy-gushy on everyone allow me now to list some of the things we will also be missing as the NBA does not kick off tonight:
What we're Missing:
- Josh Smith megadunks or super shot blocks.
- Josh Smith 23 footers.
- National telecast where the world can come together in their full displeasure of Reggie Miller.
- Iso-Joe, Iso-Jamal, or Iso-Horford.
- Steve Holman professionally homering through a broadcast.
- Too-early referendums on the Heat, LeBron, or who will be Rookie of the Year.
- Hubie Brown getting indignant about a player or team who isn't doing something the right way--and being right about it.
- Seeing if Jeff Teague's season will start like the Chicago playoff series---or the Orlando playoff series.
- Marvin Williams' dump truck waddle onto the court to start the game.
- Al Horrrford----Boss.
- National "Joe Johnson is ridiculously overpaid" comments---no wait, we still get to hear those.
- The many faces of Larry Drew on the Hawks sidelines.
- I'm Bob Rathbun and 'Nique.
- Overly pessimistic early returns from Hoopinion or yours truly---along with the positive vibes from Kris Willis in this same space.
- Jamal Crawford 4 point plays.
- And, of course, the obligatory Zaza Pachulia entry into the game and the usual mayhem that ensues.
Exit Question: What will you miss from the NBA kickoff?